All-on-4 implants are the most recommended restoration for your missing teeth. Why? Because there are numerous benefits of replacing your missing or damaged teeth with all-in-4 implants. Dental implants not only provide natural-looking teeth but also function naturally.
However, whenever the word surgery is connected with a term, it tends to have a negative connotation. A lot of patients ask us, is it painful to get all-on-4 implants in Buderim?
So, here is a small guide about the dental implant that will help you understand the process better.
Does All-on-4 Implant Surgery Hurt?
Well, the procedure is not painful since it is performed with local anaesthesia to numb your mouth entirely. But after the implantation, once the numbness wears off, you may feel mild pain. Rarely, a few patients experience extreme pain or discomfort after the all-on-4 dental implant surgery is completed. This discomfort may cause due to an improperly filled dental implant or an infection. For most patients, the recovery is not nearly as painful as they feared it to be.
Depending on where the implant is placed, discomfort or pain can also be felt in the cheeks, chin, or underneath the eyes.
How Long Do You Feel Pain or Discomfort After All-on-4 Implant?
You may feel a slight discomfort in the treated area, face, and jaw for few days. Sometimes, you may also notice swelling in your mouth, but our caring dentists provide painkillers and antibiotics to treat pain and swelling. Swelling and pain will start to decrease after 3-4 days of the procedure. And within two weeks, you will notice the pain and swelling is gone. But, if the pain and swelling are still present after the second week, visit our dentists immediately as it may be a sign of infection.
What Are the Benefits of All-on-4 Implant?
The benefits of All-on-4 implants include –
- Help prevent jaw bone degradation that appears with tooth loss
- This is an ideal way to enhance the smile and overall dental health
- Provides a natural-looking tooth replacement as they are artificial teeth that are attached directly to the jawbone.
- Provides patients a natural set of teeth that is strong and allows patients to enjoy their favourite foods without any irritations.
Am I a Good candidate for All-on-4 Implants?
If you have one or more missing teeth, then you are a good candidate for an all-on-4 dental implant. However, sometimes, you may need to perform some additional steps before implant surgery. Because when you lose one or more teeth, the surrounding bones begin to deteriorate. In order to get a dental implant, you may have to restore your bones. If you are in our office for tooth extraction, then our dentists can also help you restore your bones with a bone graft.
How to Reduce Discomfort and Pain After All-on-4 Dental Implant?
Here are some common ways to reduce pain as well as discomfort and boost the healing process after the implant –
- Strictly follow the instructions recommended by our experts after dental implant surgery.
- Regularly clean your mouth with a mild warm saltwater solution in order to avoid infection and maximize healing.
- Avoid consuming hot, crunchy, or spicy food for at least a week to prevent infection.
- Brush gently near the implant sites
- Use cold compresses to reduce pain
- Get in touch with our dentist as directed
Have A Question About All-on-4 Implants in Buderim?
Do you have a question in your mind? Ask us! Our amazing dentists are glad to answer any questions you have. If you are delaying your All-on-4 implant surgery because of pain concerns, you can rest assured that our dentists will make the process as painless as possible. If you would like to schedule an all-on-4 implant consultation, contact us today.
Buderim Dental Care
Address: 2/64 King St, Buderim QLD 4556
Phone Number: 07 5445 8400